Friday, February 20, 2009

Proof in the Pudding!

Well maybe not pudding, but definitely with the pictures!!!



Okay let's examine the picture on the left first, forget about the printer box (just purchased and setting up) on the left and the shredder (part of the initial purging) bottom right - look at the Safeway box and bag to the right filled with fabric and imagine another bag plus on top yet. Now that is what accumulated over the year or so of various trips and fabric shopping. Now the picture on the right has the excess "purging" stuff cleared away since and you can see the Safeway box not overflowing now and actually holds swapping items and a bundle of 1930s fabrics which aren't for washing and now my two sewing totes sit peacefully beside it awaiting the next retreat. Lots better!

Now here's what Sylvia and I did a week ago - sorted all the sewing room boxes of cotton fabrics and put them into the storage cabinets.


This was the before one - nice and neat and lots of room eh!


And here is the after with all newer fabrics added in - I need a couple more shelves I think. Now I still have to find room for the Christmas fabrics in there along with the novelty fabrics and that will be two more boxes emptied! Also, I'll just keep the 1930's in the plastic carry tote as those are used over at my nieces on our occassional sewing sessions!

Not bad eh, once I got started! Now what's next???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

I can definitely tell the difference. You can easily see what colors are holes in the stash and know what you still need to acquire. =)

Joy said...

Wow Girl. Good job! You can now go shopping in your cupboards for fabric.

Calicojoan said...

Your welcome to come straighten out my mess any time. Nice job!!