Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fabric Storage

Okay, I've been talking about cleaning up my sewing room for years and it'll probably still take years before it's in a "clean and sorted" state!!!

BUT while Sylvia was "trapped" in the city after our Gimli quilting retreat weekend because of this crazy Winnipeg weather, she helped me sort through eight colour coordinated boxes of quilting fabrics and they are now all in my two storage cupboards - scraps and pieces in the 3-drawer plastic unit. She wanted to help with the other boxes of fancy stuff, but really until I sort through some of this freebie stuff and decide what is "going out the door" nothing else can be done.


Poor bedroom has become a storage area again until I can clear more out of the sewing room.


VOILA, now how long will this last??? And like Pat said I probably don't need to buy fabric for a long time - just finish off UFOs. Besides this, there is a large plastic case of 1930's and also Christmas cottons to somewhere fit in. I think I need two more shelves in the second unit like the other one. Sylvia please bring your drill when you come visitin' in March, OK!


And here's me clearing out some of the quickly stashed boxes from the sewing room so we could move in there, back out of the bedroom so I could get to the bed!!!

Then Wednesday there was a break in the weather and she "escaped" for home and just in the "nick of time" as the rain turned to snow and now everything is frozen again and cold!!! It's been the fourth day in a week that tha major highway across the province has been "closed" to traffic - totally weird!!!

3 comments:

LouAnne said...

saw your note about finding the newest JBM book/tool for $15 somewhere. Can I ask where? This sounds like the perfect "tool" to make traveling to meetings easier. Sometimes I'm at a loss for what to do and I've been known to wander around the table of stitchers looking for inspiration. The fact that it stands up on a table seems awesome!

Anonymous said...

I would love some of that "going out the door" stash. I'll even pay the shipping. Of course, you may want to do a site giveaway, but then, I can try for it that way, too.

Amber Rutz
phina47@netzero.net

Judy said...

No matter how hard you try, you will never get everything organized. I have tried. There is always something more. It is kind of like getting the laundry all done.
Have a good weekend!!