Thursday, February 26, 2009

CQI - FFT#5 RR - Shari's

YAHOOIE!!! I've finally bit the bullet and just started stitching as nothing was forming for ideas for my "first" block of this round robin and my mailing deadline is fast approaching. So I used an idea from Carole Samples book for a web and greenery - added some beaded flowers, SRE leaves, DMC metallic French knots along the stem and did my own bead and bullion knot spider on Block A. I finished off with a zig zag chain stitched seam treatment to sort of anchor it all in.





Then on Block B I just did a simple web and a dangling beaded spider and embellished the flowers on the hankie below. I added a SRE dragonfly and then a loopy trim along with a buttonhole twist cretan and added copper bugle beads to finish. Then I added in two insect charms too.





I sure hope this is okay - I find it hard to "start" the embellishing on a block - scared me silly!!! It is much easier (I think so) to follow or add to someone else's embellishing to tie it all together!

No comments: