Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My First Bead Journal Project!!!

Finally I have my September 2008 postcard top completed for the BJP activity I had signed up for last summer yet. My start to this project is a tribute to my MOM, my heavenly angel! Here it is and following the picture is what will be printed on the postcard back.



“Expressions of Me” ♥ Rose Anne Burdeny
Bead Journal Project
“Little beaded glimpses of a month and what it portrays for me”


September, 2008
I’ll start this off with a dedication to my Mom “my dearest angel” who was always my greatest admirer of whatever I attempted to do. She never said I ‘couldn’t’ or ‘wouldn’t be able to do it’, just asked ‘how I was planning on doing it’! I miss her muchly!!!

RABBJP#1

--------------

I'd like to point out some special items:
- on the right hand side I've used a very precious piece of hand-dyed Venetian lace I received from a dear friend in Australia - I still have more for another project or two
- in the centre is a peony silk ciggie from Judy R of Ontario
- the blue silk fabric (along with a whole sample package) from Val F here in Winnipeg
Thank you very much for your generosity ladies.

Okay, now onto October's which should be a cinch after this baby!!!

13 comments:

pam T said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Rose Anne! I love crazy quilting! Great dedication to your mom, sounds like she was special. Looking forward to seeing your next page!

Sabine said...

This is so pleasing to look at, lush fabrics, sweet little angel, and all. I think it is only a question of time until I try my hand at crazy quilting, because I admire it so. Will we see some more lovely patching in the October page?

Sabine

heidibeads said...

I love crazy quilting! Yours is beautiful. I love the fabrics and lace and beading. Well done! Can't wait until the next one is done!

Rose Anne B said...

Ahhh no Sabine, the October one will be mild compared to this one, but there will be more CP in others I promise that! It seems to be my passion!

piney cq said...

Ohhhh! What a great job! I specially like your little angel! Tooooo sweet! Hugs....Leslie

Anonymous said...

Oh, you put one of your angels on there, too! Cool. I love what you said on the back.

NormaH said...

Rose Anne, I enlarged the photo to get a real good look at all your beading. Your usual outstanding and fantastic needlework! Love the fact your "Angel" Mom still inspires you. Big Hugs!

Robin said...

My very favorite part of this piece is the angel... everything else points my heart in her direction, so that without reading any of your text, I know that you are still very connected to a special person who is physically gone from this world but very much present in your life. It is a visual description of how her love surrounds you... Ah, it is a beauty. I love that you are doing postcards and everything about this piece, Rose Anne! Blessings, Robin A.

Rose Anne B said...

Ohhhh WOW Robin, I am just awed at how you described how I feel about my Mom. Thank you so very much!!! Also for the compliment on my PC too!!!

HUGS,

Sandie said...

Hi Roseanne,

I know that lace... your work is always beautiful. Hope life is treating you well...
Sandie in Aussie

Judy said...

You are right, I am simply blown away but this piece!!!
Glad I could help out in my little way. Was your Mom fond of peonies?

Rose Anne B said...

OHHHH yes Judy, Mom grew a whole row of peonies along the driveway on the garden and was visible from the bedroom, kitchen and livingroom windows for her to see. We also always had a jar of blooms on the table along with the ants too!!! LOL!

Faye said...

Oh Rose Ann, again you have done some beautiful work. The lace on it is beautiful too, how lucky are you!!! Love your work, thanks for sharing. Hugz - FDS