Friday, January 02, 2009

More Stitching

YAHOOIE I stitched most of New Year's day and actually am feeling elated, but also zapped of energy now - LOL! I even watched the Juniors and the outdoor NHL hockey games in the afternoon too!

First off I had started an ornament for my friend Linda M, naturally with bears, but just did not have time to finish it before Christmas. So I've finished it first and am very pleased with it. I'm going to make more of these but somehow figure out how to make them smaller as I think it's a little big for my tastes. It is all hand stitched - no machine work at all!!!



Then finally with most of my committments out of the way I pulled out the crazy patch RRs out and picked the one that needed very little added before it looks "finished". So I chose my circular motifs for the bottom left corner and stitched them in place and also added the green feather seam finish on the left hand side.





So hopefully Susan N will be very pleased with her "lovely" yellow block. Sorry I took so long to get around to working on it. This is the first one I've participated in for the SewBuds and now onto the next one of the few I've got sitting here. I find these so challenging and sometimes nerve wracking but hey how is one to improve if not with practice. But then I don't want to wreck the block either in achieving this goal!!!

4 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

How big are thse? I think it would depend on the person's tree...
LOVELY!

Judy said...

I enlarged the block to look more closely at the irises, and that was when I saw the heart embroidered over that corner of lace!!!
My mother found more lace, so I will send you a bit, to help with the winter blahs!

Joy said...

You do such lovely work. Great inspiration.

catsmum said...

saw the pics of LM's cathedral window bear ornament you made her, and she 'talks' about you so often ... so popped over here for a looksee

greetings from downunder