Saturday, January 31, 2009

More Postcards!

Okay, I've finally felt like stitching again and finished off some swap postcards and am tackling some "extras" too.

First off my "Motor _______" swap which I truly was not going to go into as I had these Horse related postcards to finish off but I just could not resist. And I's not bad as mailout is Feb 15th and I'm finished and they are going into the mail today!!! I had this idea as soon as I read the theme and pondered on it for a couple of weeks and then the List Mom begged for at least one more sign up so I gave in - even challenged her to fill the last spot but she chickened out - too bad eh!!!

Boy when you have the idea and you LIKE it, I can tell you it comes together lickety split!!! Now there's a bit of a story to this idea (I'm sure you've gleaned it by now if you know me!!!) - see some of my close friends and family kinda call me the "motor mouth" and sometimes tell me to "zippit" - which does work for a bit!!! So I ran with that original idea and I had LOADS of fun!!! Initially I was going to put on the front in embroidery "Motor Mouth . . . Zippit!!!" but then dropped that idea cause I did not want my swapees to think I was talking about them! Yep that's an embroidered zipper with sparkling beads!!! LOL!



Then I finished off a couple more of the Horse related postcards as a friend ordered one of them and I need six to print off the backs so I finished another "extra" one. I think they turned out just lovely!!! The hats on these were made of the faux ultrasuede (at least I think it's the fake stuff)! I can tell you it did not like the iron nor the fusible web so had to stitch it down securely.





NOW I wonder what those Cowboys or is it Cowgirls doing without their hats n boots on???

3 comments:

Joy said...

They are all wonderful! I especially love the "motor mouth" one. You are so creative.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

LOL - love the zipper Rose Anne!
Hugs,
Kerry

Judy said...

I like the little feather in the side of the one!! Really makes it seem more real!