Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another RR Block on it's way!

Yep, I've decided not to stall anymore but to send them onto Candi H, next on the rotation list, and hopefully someone else can dream up some tasteful embellishments to add in. So here is what Susan H's block looked like when I received it:

Before me

After me



Here on the upper left you'll see a butterfly I outlined with gold DMC metallic and then did the body (bullion knot) and antennae with DMC black metallic.



Now here I did with a narrow braided ribbon the lasy daisy seam finish and with WeeksDyeWorks cotton floss the stem stitch joining each design. Then I figured it still needed something and found a straight stitch with French knots branching out from the base of the large daisy in my book. Well I changed it to a seed bead and like the looks totally. I think it kinda ties in all the colours on that sort of quiet patch.

Then I stitched in a tiny web and did my usual beaded body with bullion knot legs all in dark brown DMC metallic. I tried to keep the legs close to the block so they won't be a catch all - hope I succeeded.



And last of all I attached temporarily a dark pink butterfly on the pink patch and a white dragonfly here on the blue patch. I just was not sure whether to embellish with embroidery or beads and decided to maybe let someone else decide. Heck maybe you have a different idea totally and leave them in the baggie to go with this block home.

Yes I've just run out of "suitable" ideas to use on this block. ALSO, I am still very leary about working on silk ciggie patches so that's another reason for my delimma. I really wanted to do a beaded seam treatment all the way up the butterfly patch but only came up with the feather stitch and well there are two on there already so instead of keeping this longer and stewing on it, I'm hoping the remaining three in this RR will have more ideas to use. Please, thank you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan H's block looks wonderful, and I love what you added. Seems to me you added plenty enough.

Iris said...

Your work is wonderful Rose Anne!!! Thank you for the web and spider I love them. My block looks gorgeous I can't wait to have it in my hands again.

Susan H