Sunday, January 04, 2009

Another CQ block!

WOW, I think I'm on a roll with my embroidery this weekend!!! Yep, I've now worked on Susan N's purple block and think I'll stop now as I'm not sure how much one is to actually do and whether I should leave for others to add in yet. I'll get the hang of this embellishing RRs yet!!!

So here is the block I received Aug. 28/08 and it truly had me stumped, but the eyecandy in my various CQing groups has helped.





Here is what I've added to it and hopefully it is acceptable. Basically I added the lovely heart lace and anchored it with bugle and seed beads and finished it off with a trio of French knots atop each bugle and added a varigated blanket stitch at the base. Then I added the Folk Art button at the top to hide the anchored end. Now what???

Well for the two lightly embellished spaces I found a Venetian lace butterfly and stitched it in place with two types of beads and a dot of black at the antenna. Then I found my Abalone and Mother of Pearl items and made up an angel with SRE wings - I love doing these up after accidentally finding a shell that resembled a body - now am always on the look out for such. Hmmmmmm, that did not seem enough so I decided to stitch my metallic web and beaded spider with Bullion legs. Maybe someone can come up with whatever is needed at the base of the web???



Okay, hopefully these are enhancements to the block and maybe with more of these I'll gain some confidence to tackle these sooner than I have.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Susan's block looks wonderful! You've done a beautiful job.
hugz:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Rose Anne! Of course I love it all. I haven't seen my block in some time, so it was great to see the pictures. Love the way you did that nice spider web. Thanks!

Prairie Chicken... said...

that spider web is super duper!! are there beads on that spider? loves it!