Saturday, December 27, 2008

I "escaped"!!!

chuckling at this title See co-workers and family asked me how long I was visiting - I replied that I was hoping to come back Saturday instead of Sunday, unless Dad had plans for me!!!

So I had just arrived at Dad's and he quickly asked me when I was leaving??? Now I wasn't sure how to take that at all and Florence even chuckled and we teased him "what he's already wanting me to go - I just got there". So Nah that wasn't it at all, more like planning if I was going to be around to do his laundry on Saturday - I said I would. And that was okay then we visited.

Christmas Eve was okay with three sisters and spouces preparing naturally all the food which was awesome and I enjoyed some leftovers with Dad for the following days too. And naturally I got the gears for not bringing anything - but why bother as everything I do is never good enough - so I don't bother anymore.

Visiting with Florence and Wayne was also good and even had a lovely after Christmas dinner with their family yesterday as Dad said he'd look after himself. Their grandson also arrived for a visit so that made their day, I know. Nope I've no pics except for the two cats, Blackjack who was snoopy and had to check out my fabric testing on some samples Florence gave me (soaking away the paper and it worked) and naturally Toffey couldn't care less and continued to snooze!!!





Needless to say both cats high tailed it when the grandson arrived, but later emerged to check things out - curiosity got the cat!

Well I got up early today and was prepared to head over to Dad's to do his laundry but someone took over the washer/dryer so he said I could just head back in earlier if I wanted to. Which was exactly what I was hoping for as I just want to veg out nice and quiet like before going back to work Monday. So now guess I'll enjoy my frozen pizza, ceasar and book for a bit, then check out my scads of emails!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and now prepare to ring in the New Year safely and soundly!!!

No comments: