Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Surprise Arrived!

Yep, I received a card in the mail to pick up a parcel today so after my Aurora quilt stitching meeting and a quick shopping stint for winter boot (zippo too) I stopped by the post office. Then home to open it up!!!

This is from my Christmas Cracker swap within the Crazy Quilting International group I'm in and my package came all the way from Japan put together by Hideko and I know it's gonna be a dilly!!! Thank you so much Hideko and I'm tickled pink that I received one of your beauties!!!

Well first off it's in a box - hmmm - but I'm wrong the box is in a soft bag tied with a ribbon. Yes I opened this and also this very lovely box which arrived in immaculate condition with no protection. Yes I opened the box (which is my favourite colour) and inside is my lovely C R A C K E R and this is where I stopped my unveiling. I haven't even opened the card, I'll try to be good and wait for nearer to Christmas but no guarantees!!!







Okay, I tried to crochet a butterfly motif (yellow one) but it's too big so I've got to reduce it somehow. Then I saw this lovely butterly picture and gave it to my sister Sylvia and she did this one up for me but it's still to large too! Hmmm gonna have to look for smaller ones.



AND if I don't get off this baby I'll be late for my stitching PJ party!!! This is the ornament I made for the exchange - two sided Cathedral Window! I think it's lovely and will have to make up more but maybe slightly smaller.





Yes, I had a lovely evening and didn't get home until 12:45 - WOW!!! The buffet was very close to our own home cooked Ukrainian dinner and delicious as always! And this is the ornament I received (4 x 6 in) and I'm going to take it to work and display it somehow on my desk. Neato. I also just about finished my spider postcards - so tomorrow for sure and maybe even get them ready to mail out.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

Looks like you got a beautiful cracker from Hideko,,I know it has to be hard not to open it. Love your butterflys, and your cathedral windows. I also want to thank you for the wonderful compliment you posted to the group on the additions I done to Tami's block.

crazyQstitcher said...

The Cathedral Window ornie is wonderful

crazyQstitcher said...

Hi Rose Anne, you did have the right Maureen. :-)