Saturday, November 08, 2008

Fun in the SNOW!!!



Okay, I will agree my previous venture out to pick up the last item for my package today was not fun - actually downright tense watching for ice patches and also other drivers that were not concerned as much (or had 4-wheel drive).

BUT mid-afternoon after wrapping up my Christmas package for NZ I grabbed my camera and walked over to the Post Office and thoroughly enjoyed the slow but safe jaunt!!! Yep I took pictures and even looked for some artsy stuff which has not happened in a long time.





Then more while crossing the Assiniboine River via the Osborne Bridge.



Then a closer view of the north bank (I live just a block behind the landing that is visible).



And then the south bank and the condo building (lovely suites) that off and on has it's underground parkade flooded in the spring.



See yesterday when I was at Safeway getting groceries I noticed the snow piling up on the outdoor furniture and kicked myself for not having my camera with me. And guess what - yep it was all still there but a little disturbed by humans.



Oh well it was still worth the walk and fresh air. But it sure got dark fast out there and I was glad I did not dally too long so I could see what I was walking on. As you can tell I'm home and safe and sound but hungry now!!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Great pics Rose Anne. Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen any snow yet this year.