Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Budget???

Yep, that's exactly what I thought too - WHAT????

See I LIVED on credit all my life (sad eh!), spent what I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted till one day I couldn't anymore!!! Sounds like something from a movie, TV or a book eh, but sadly it's real life and probably many more like me too? Now I've always heard of people on budgets and yes even tried (weakly that is) back in 1989 with Angela's help then too but never totally understood the makings of a budget and how it worked.

WELL that is until this past month!!! Sure I was talked through the steps by my counsellor and financial advisor, but did I really understand what I had to do - no I don't think so! Then I again got the basic do's and don'ts from Angela and gathered a notebook, pen and Excel ledger and started on a budget. Well so far so good, but it did not balance with my paycheque so HUH and I was getting frustrated? Then to top it off I knew there was money in the bank - I wanted to go shopping (nope I didn't).

Naturally, I put out another SOS to Angela again and today she was back home from a family situation and promptly said come over. What a treasured friend I have!!!


See initially she got me recording what I spent and sort of a budget but we have no idea of what I really need to live on - no records per se. So today armed with the startings of one month's expenses - from there she set me on the straight and narrow and to top it all off answered all the questions I had worrying me too!!!

WELL need I say more - except that I FEEL like a totally different person - not so stressed out on how I'll manage (might still be some slip ups but I'll make it) and she did say this next few months will be tough for me but it will be worth it in the end!!! I'm counting on that my dear!!! Then she dropped the bombshell and said the next challenge will be a 6-month and then 12-month budget plan - gosh this sounds to much like WORK!!! LOL!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

You can do it Rose Anne!!! You go girl!!!