Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now to Rest!

Phew, talk about a rushing around again! I had TWO sisters visiting yesterday and one needed me to chauffeur her around shopping and the other wanted me to meet her for supper (all three did)!!! Lucky me! :))) Well it worked out and even had a BBQ lunch with my niece's family too along with a jar of my first made garlic dills - they loved them.

Last night Sylvia helped me cut out all the pieces for the second set of spacer blocks for my Moondance quilt and that's the project I'll take with me to the retreat end of October. NOW it's to find all the cut up pieces for the first set of spacer blocks that I cut out like two years ago - they were not in the project bag so I'm very annoyed and confused as to where they are!!! This quilt has been a challenge for me right from the start but darn it I'm determined to finish it off!!! Too much money and time on my part and effort on Sylvia's part helping me figure out those blocks - gotta finish!!!

And today Sylvia and I went out for breakie and she's probably now with Dad in Dauphin and Florence has the baptismal for her granddaughter so I think I have peace and quiet to relax and plan my next stitching project. But first I spent a couple of hours coring, peeling and slicing up Florence's awesome apples that I picked a couple of weeks ago. Well they're all done and bagged and in the freezer ready for apple crisps etc this winter.

NOW I think I'm finished with "preserving" for this year - never did this much before! LOL! Okay, since it's quiet on the email front guess I'll put my feet up and read a bit then actually start on the mini quilt I need for a Christmas gift (was supposed to mail out like in July!!!).

No comments: