Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lovely FALL Day!!!

Last week was totally rough with filling in for a co-worker and getting the office ready for the movers/painters to come in Monday to start painting the office and me a pinched nerve in the neck too. So last night I didn't do anything but today WOW!!!

The weather is just AWESOME (except for the wasps) - why can't fall stay around a whole season - I'd rather fall than the 30+ summer? I've had a LOVELY day so far and hope it continues tomorrow. You won't recognize me with my mop chopped off!!! Gosh it feels like a tonne of bricks lifted off my shoulders!!! Then I zipped over to the stitching shop and picked up my two magazines I had ordered on the Kimono canvasswork patterns (cheaper than the quilting ones) and stopped at Value Village and picked up a couple more doilies in taupe and found two 4" square peuter-like frames for the 2" canvasswork scissor fob I made but want to frame instead! WOW!!! Someone's castoffs - my treasures!

Then I picked up a chicken burger (YUK!) and went to watch Byran's football game with Pat, Myrna and Amanada. It was exciting, but they lost and this larger opposition guy snagged Byran and swung him around to the ground - I wanted to go out there and give him what for but stayed in my seat and just voiced my displeasure. They were twice the size of our guys - not fair!!!

Then I came home and walked over to Safeway (LOVELY WEATHER) to get my prescriptions and even checked out some of the Village shops before coming home and played with a "design board" online with various complimentary fabrics with that snowman panel I got and still don't know which fabrics I'll pick up for borders. But it looks good! I'm not that keen on the knit-look fabric as a border so maybe good that there isn't any around here. I tried to save the design board, but it would not let me so I just printed it off.

Then I got back to my Hats Off postcards - those Victorian Hats I had planned a while ago! WELLLLL you should see these. They are turning out very well so far and I've laid the odd feather on them and WOW WOW WOW!!! Yes, I've taken step by step photos and will show you soon. I've got them all stitched and now it's the embellishing part so just about finished. Then I've the sandwiching and satin stitched edgings before mailing off! Maybe this next week finally!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fabulous hat PCs!

sue /ca at FunFriendly group