Sunday, July 06, 2008

Still Stitchin'

Well it's been a week since I'm home from vacation and all I can say is I wanna go BACK!!! Now don't get me wrong, I love my messy space and home surrounded by nearby family and friends but shucks I miss the freedom of travelling and yep I LOVE eating out even if it's picking up grocery foods and just parking my butt somewhere for a picnic. I love seeing new and favourite road haunts but I don't miss living out of a suitcase. LOL!

And then here I am home - but not home and back to living out of a suitcase while house/cat sitting (they took the dog with them this time) for my niece. See their house is in a semi state of renovations and they are taking a week's reprieve at the lake - well deserved!!! I just can't wait to see this house totally finished and their furniture back home and hopefully their lives back to "normal" if that is possible after this past year of "whatever"!!! I do know that there is no way I can live like this again - growing up with a carpenter father and home renos here and there was enough in one lifetime for this girl!!! LOL!

Okay enough rambling, onto what the topic is about! See when I left on vacation I took some hand stitching (mainly postcards) with me to try and NOT fall too far behind on deadlines. Well I've finally finished this weekend the one set (CQd Garden) and just about finished the (BDs) and just have to get back to my home and assemble them rather than cart all that "stuff" to my niece's so they can go into the mail this next week.

ALSO, I've started my CQd 5" embellished blocks and I can say that I LOVE them so far and better remember to take pictures as I think I'll be wanting one for myself someday. Okay guess I better get off this baby and back to my stitching! It would be awesome to get these off this week too, but I'm unsure what metallic floss I'll use for my spider and web - darn it - these are my sort of "signature" on my pieces and now I'm trying to go one step further and doing different types and embellishments with them. Hey I remember someone saying that no matter how experienced you think you are - there is always room to learn and improve! Now that is how I'm looking at my CQing as some of the eyecandy out there is just so BEAUTIFUL and DELICATE looking (something I need to strive for).

Okay back to the easy chair, baseball(?) and my stitching!

No comments: