Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another Postcard!



Ohhhh ain't she cute and I hope my young friend likes her!!!

I picked up this fabric of various country Angels at Peachtree Heirlooms (Regina SK) on my trip to Alberta this year and this is the first project I did with it. Well I backed the Angel with Wonder Under Lite and cut it away even between the branches of her wings and then adhered it to the background and use the clear poly thread and straight stitching to anchor in place. Then I quilted around her and also the apron and collar. The lone yellow flower is a button that I cut the shank off and used the clear poly thread and anchored it in place, then added the ladybug and the dragonfly accents to finish it off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another adorable postcard Rose Anne!!! Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Julia said...

She's gorgeous Rose Anne!
Thank you for the comment on my blog.
I know you can do beautiful needlework too, I just used the one colour thread, nothing to it!
hugs julia