Sunday, July 20, 2008

Am I CRAZY!!!

Okay, a co-worker last week brought me in a serving of beet leaf wrapped buns (a Ukrainian dish) for lunch and YUMMY awesome feed! Well he asked if I wanted some leaves to make my own buns - UMMMM - yep I hesitated cause that meant I had to learn how to make this and not just find the recipe for those that asked! LOL!

Okay his wife politely let him leave me some in our work fridge and I FORGOTS them - darn it. So I went in today and they seem to be okay so off to Safeway to get the frozen dough and yes I'm going to try and make them up tonight. It's hot and muggy in my place and I think I'm CRAZY but then it just goes to show that I LOVE these things and even bought the half and half cream/milk to go with them and I've tonnes of onions in the crisper too! So I did get the dough to rise nicely and tore of bits and wrapped them in the leaves and they are now baking - maybe I'll have a few feeds yet!!! MMMMM HMMMMM! It says 20-25 minutes to bake so might be back to let you know.

No comments: