Monday, June 16, 2008

Catch UP!

Okay, I had no time last week and still a bit rushed but at least an update for now.

I started my vacation Friday and that "tornado" watch/warning(???) was issued but the city mostly got wicked thundershowers off and on.  And yep I was out running last minute errands and got SOAKED down to the skin - not once but twice and then back to work for an hour or so!!!  Then when I left work finally (not quite as early as was suggested) I got packed up and headed out by 5:30 p.m.  Well the sky to the SW was ghastly and kept darkening as I drove further.  Well around Elie I noticed the skies changing fast and there was this one "funnel" looking shape and I pushed the pedal and booted it as fast as I could without going way over the limit.  Once I reached Portage la Prairie it was just a thunderstorm conditions and no lightning so that was good.

Well my weekend in Dauphin was great and Dad was quite jovial and happy to have someone cooking for him again.  See Sylvia and Len were out there for a few days before me!

Then today I left Dauphin (leaving some of my clean laundry at my sister's) in coolish temps and arrived near Regina to hot and sunny conditions and sure enough thunderstorms again before arriving at Dale Anne's.  Now I'm here for a couple of days before heading west again for Medicine Hat.  Now some sewing time!!!  

No comments: