Saturday, March 29, 2008

Orchids' Glory!!!

WOW finally after a number of years of missing the Manitoba Orchid Society (MOS) annual show and competition I was thrilled to take the morning away from stitching and before the so-called snow storm arrives in Winnipeg and drool at all the awesome displays!!! And I think Joan H had a wall quilt with mega orchid fabrics within in competition and someone else a beautiful stained glass orchid piece and a few photographs and paintings too. Yes, I miss this too!

Okay, here are a few photos to whet your appetite and maybe if you're in Winnipeg you will zip over to the Assiniboine Park Conservatory tomorrow before they close for another year!









These are not "living" items, the first two are the leather brooch and then a clay formed orchid plant in basket fridge magnet which I could not resist to add both to my collection. And the lovely wall quilt I could not resist a pic of.



1 comment:

Marie Alton said...

Wow Rose Anne...these are amazing! I've always been intrigued with orchids but never had one. Mentioned to DD that if they are looking for something to get me for Mothers Day...that this would be a really good idea! Thanks for sharing these pics.