Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Celtic Knot Table Topper

(well for me a wallhanging - can't see my table top)

Thank you Debbie for your compliment on this piece and yes it's taken ages to make the bias strips and gently pin them onto a batting wrapped cardboard (a tip our instructor showed us) for safe keeping nice and flat but no bend marks, then pinning onto the traced background. One thing I've learnt is to trace only a single line in the "middle" of the pattern lines which will be covered evenly with the bias strip (now I have lots of pencil markings that are wider than my prepared bias strips to remove tonight). The tricky part was not to mess up the overs and unders which I did a couple of times and once I had to "rippit" and restitch.

But now all the hand applique is finally finished after a couple of years of off and on work on this project and soon onto the borders and then the quilting. I have entered it into the Quilt Show for April 10th so don't have much time and lots more stuff to work on too! Yes, will definitely keep my blog updated on this one too.

No comments: