Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Orchids Blooming!



I just don't believe it, but in this frigid temps outside and kinda coolish inside as I don't like the smell of heat or the clanking water pipes (and it's cooler by the windows too) I've one that bloomed last month (Phal equestris) and again it's shooting out more buds and I've another plant (Phal Jack Crawford) budding out too! AWESOME!

Hopefully it's not too cold and then I loose the buds before they open! Sure would LOVE to see these exotic type blooms gracing my drab apartment!
Right now it's -28C and feels like -41C with wind gusts to 31 KM/hr and tonight it's supposed to go down to -35C and feels like -47C with wind calming down to 15 KM/hr. Good thing I'm not venturing out tonight and from the looks of it tomorrow is not any better either but supposedly warming up for the weekend!!! BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne, not only can you sew---you have a green thumb too!! My DIL brought my orchid home with her one day to see if she could get it to bud for me. Orchids are NOT easy to grow. Nice to see you have no problem with them. Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, very nice. I'm hoping it's going to get warmer too. Hopefully the worst is over by now (regarding the cold). nice to see you blogging more often.