Saturday, January 26, 2008

Will I make it?

Oh my Oh my Oh my, this old lady is not up to an active 10 yr old that is for sure!!! Well I can handle Dominoes even if I don't get the rules of the game before starting but piecemeal throughout - chuckling! But hey that was okay and sure passes the time quieter than the video games. And he has to read a book before school on Monday so we are interspersing that with fun.

Well we BOTH love Fort Whyte, a nature reserve just outside city limits and it has trails galore to check out with lots of wildlife of the friend nature and the bison penned to protect the curious too. So today we spend three hours there with Byran toboganning on the huge manmade slide (I've pictures to upload next week) and then we went and checked out the Touch Museum in the other Educational Centre before walking the grounds. We didn't see any deer except the the one hightailing into the busy earlier on. Well we were going in for some hot chocolate when I spotted two deer in the bush so there was the two of us beating up the stairs of the tobogan run as Byran wanted pictures of the deer. Well we were patient and out comes four deer to feed close by so I did get a few pictures - both of us were pleased. Then before we could leave Byran insisted on trekking to the bison enclosure (1/2 hour till closure) for the last request and we actually had to boot it to get back and out before 5:00 pm.

PHEW talk about a tired auntie. We came home and played dominoes again before supper. Needless to say I've no energy to even tackle reading my Quilt U class notes tonight nor any embroidery either. Maybe tomorrow. I know we're not going anywhere, just sticking around home and maybe he'll play with friends and I can stitch and zip over to the neighbours to check out what she's quilted lated and show her my embroidery. Okay I'm finished for the night!

No comments: