Thursday, January 24, 2008

This and That

Well my sister Florence came into the city on Sunday and we checked out Hangers and Winners for tops for me for work - ZIPPO! BUT I did find at Hangers some lovely gemlike butterfly earrings and ceramic like butterfly earrings. I totally dumbfounded my sister in buying such earrings and still more when I said I wouldn't wear them per se but wanted to break the posts off and use it for decorations on quilting blocks. She just shook her head!!! There was a set of dragonfly earrings but in PINK and I did not care for them so left them in the store. These were like $0.99 a set - WOW eh?

Then this week things were kinda quiet after work and I tried to practise my "upside down applique" from QU class but am chicken to try the free motion circles as mentioned. I've a few made up and hopefully will be postcards eventurally. Wonder what Saturday's class will be???

Then today I finally finished my passport application and got my girlfriend for guarantor and now my passport is ready for drop off tomorrow morning. Also when I got to Ang's place I could smell French onion soup and sat down for another helping of supper and OHHHHH it was sooooooo good and not salty at all and a glass of wine - relaxed me totally.

Then on the way home I stopped in at Staples and they had on sale an HP digital camera and 3-in-1 HP printer set (better than the one I was looking at for $59-79 on sale periodically but never in stock when I get to the store) for $119.95 and they had them in stock!!! Yep now I've a new camera and printer/scanner/ copier to my name - WOW! - just have to find time to hook all up and read instructions - next week maybe.

Okay enough now back to relaxing as I can feel my back acting up again.

No comments: