Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Retirement or Not?


Yep that seems to be my delimma lately, but I can tell you if it is up to me it will be RETIREMENT and the soonest I can do that is the end of May, 2010. God willing that this is possible.


I've had many scenarios thrown at me.

1. Retire ASAP and supplement pension income with a part time job until I'm 60 when CPP kicks in.
2. Take an extended vacation leave to travel summer of 2010 and return to work to retire at the end of that year and receive about $60 more a month.
3. Take an extended vacation leave to travel summer of 2010 and return to work till I'm 60 for about $100 more a month.

Hmmm, what to do, when to do it, and even if to do it??? I HATE indecision!!! And I'm out of my ceasar cocktails too!!! Darn it!

Well I know one thing for sure, whenever I retire, I'll be enjoying it stitching wherever I go!!! I want to spend my remaining days happily stitching away - at least I have accumulated the stash to keep me busy for more than one lifetime!!!

3 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

If it's only giving you $40.00 more a month for 4 extra years of service, I'd say the heck with that..... I'd retire at 55 but at the end of the year so get the $60.00 extra.

Faye said...

Only you know what you'll need financially, when you retire Rose Anne, so that part will have to be your decission to make... But I can tell you since I retired, my life has been so much better. NO stress, NO one telling me what to do, NO whinging staff to worry about, just a wonderful carefree, healthy, happy life... JUST DO IT!!!
cheers - Faye

Susan said...

I retired at 57 because I could, and I haven't regretted it one day. I know so many people who put it off and put it off, and then they did it and were dead in 6 months.