Wednesday, January 30, 2008

QU update

Told you it was bad getting old!!! I forgot to update you on my next quilting class!!!

Sorry no pictures as yet, but today I used some of the class images and prepared my wall hanging layout. Now I did not leave enough room for my hummingbird so I have to slice it apart and widen the overall image by two inches and then fit in the bird. I was going to reduce the bird when I realized it would then be out of proportion to the flowers - DUH!!! So if I can do this project half as good as the practice pieces I'll be very happy with this technique. It's different, but I sure love the fact you don't have to use the fusible stuff to achieve a nice overall effect and it should be mucho faster than the fininicky needle turn hand applique (even though I LOVE doing that technique).

So who knows maybe tomorrow I'll start some of the basic stitching but not sure how far I'll get as there are lots of small pieces which will be very very very challenging me thinks!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad you found your ID stuff! That is a pain to replace - anywhere you are. I look forward to seeing the piece you are working on.