Saturday, January 19, 2008

My 1st QU class!

Well I've finally taken the plunge and signed up for my first Quilt University class with Susan Brittingham - Upside Down Applique!!! My first class was today and so I read my class notes and started my practise piece. So far so good and now I've got to get my fabrics ready for next weeks project start up. So stay tuned for followup next week.



Basic pattern traced, fabrics chosen and fun began! Now you see the blue and green fabrics here but you won't see a finished piece cause I goofed!



You can't really see much here but it was basically straight stitched in place.



And here is the completed practise piece, which I'm going to make into a fabric postcard tomorrow. This technique I'll be using again for sure for postcards but have to experiment more to see if it will be possible for my two quilts. I HATE fusibles and this is one way around that technique.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Why is it called upside down applique? Thanks for showing what you did. It will make a great postcard!

I used to love Aleene's fusible, but the company quit making it, and I haven't found anything I like instead. =(