Saturday, January 19, 2008

I was BADDDD today!

Yes I was and after telling my girlfriend last night that I'll stop spending trying to gear down for retirement!!!

Well I started the day off feeling crappy and still chilled from last night's felt like -40C with windchill and this morning's -26C and feels like -31C when I ventured out. And it's 4:20 pm now and it's -22C and feels like -33C with windchill and the only saving grace to this is the SUN was shining so brightly that even sunglasses aren't that helpful. Anyways I's digressing again!!!

Well I did read over my Quilt University Lesson 1 class notes and got out some fabric for my practise piece but that's as far as I got. I then headed out to pick up a pair of "applique" scissors to ensure I had the proper "hardware" to do my project but could not find any so was ticked and shopped instead! SHEESH!!!

So I came out with two awesome pieces of fabric for my "Pass the Stash" project and YEP by fluke they match beautifully to the focus fabric so there should be some continuity from the centre block to the borders - now to just work on it. I also picked up a few notions at 50% off along with some Unique "Easy Stitch" which is perforated embroidery backing to try out.


Here's my focus fabric for the WR Pass the Stash Swap - bought in Toronto a number of years ago but did not get the companion fabrics - DUMB!!!


And here on the bottom left are three of the four FQs received from the swap that I'm going with and my two blotchie AWESOME "Glacier Park" fabrics I picked up today! Now I know I've a "gold" that goes with the focus fabric - it's just to find it in this mess!!!

Then I headed to Michaels thinking I could find the applique scissors there but NOPE no dice but SHOOT the beads were on sale picked up a load of packages and hopefully something in there will go with my "sun painted" fabric embellishing or any CQd project!!! I did not find anything to use my 40% off coupon on that I thought I needed or really wanted so beateded out of there fast like.

I finally showed up at the Aurora meeting late afternoon totally wiped out and feeling worse than at the start so definitely did not stay long. I did enjoy what I heard of Sharon's "beaded" talk and ordered my crazy patch kit from her along with some shopping from Copperfields (she works for them and brought some books, notions, ribbons and floss to sell to us). I picked up two packages of Anna Silk ribbon and Floss Packages with Charms by PLAID Bucilla and they are in the muted nature's colour pallette and 50% off so snatched them up fast. One has gold wedding rings in there and that's probably as close as I'll get to owning a set - LOL! - the other one is a large heart with three crystals in the centre. BUT the purchased piece de resistance for me today is the book - I just love it and can't wait for the CQd BookMark swap in my group to start so I can use some of the embroidery from there on them!!! The book is "beautiful Beaded Embroidery" by C&T Publishing with 17 Elegant Projects - WOW! - and cheaper than Amazon!


And I also received a slightly delayed Christmas gift today of a beautiful ceramic angel holding a 2008 calendar which in future I'm going to somehow incorporate her into a crazy patch block - she'll just beautiful. Also in that package was a pair of fuzzy warm socks, two large spools of Eqyptian cotton #50 satin finish thread in my neutral colours and a mottled blue FQ! Thank you so very very much Dianne, it is all lovely and definitely more than I expected!

So on the way home I decided to check out our other Michaels store for those scissors but NOPE no dicerooie and I walked out without being tempted more so there. I did stop on the way home though and picked up my favourite - a large French Vanilla Cappuccino from Tim Hortons and OHHHHHH Bliss!!!

So now it's to the grudge of laundry and dishes and hopefully play with some stitching for the rest of today. And if it turns out my younger sister may be in the city to visit tomorrow - she called to give me notice!!! LOL!

Gosh it's now 6:00 pm and I'm finally finishing this posting!!! But two loads of laundry are finished and the last load for me tonight is just washing!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Very nice book where did you buy it?

Susan said...

Wow, lots of stuff in that post. I really love your bird fabrics, and all the pieces you are putting with it are just wonderful.

You can't gear down to retirement - you keep buying while you have the money, and then you use all that in retirement! =)