Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm Busy!

Okay, I know I'm tardy here and was reminded today to please update my blog if I've time! Well I really don't have time after work, but will put a blurb here during lunch even though I brought some stitching to work on, so you don't think I've dropped off somewhere at least. I'm truly trying to get caught up with my commitments and also some gift UFOs! But I do have some news too!

Ohhhh I can tell you that the cooking and cleaning for Dad this weekend was torture on my shoulder that I could not cut through a brick of cheese yesterday – weakling!!!! John (coworker) had totally forgotten about bringing the cheese for the potluck so he ran to the Bay grocery and bought some and I tried to help him cut it up – he nicely took over so I arranged it on the plate with him. Also I had a HECK of a time driving this weekend (3.5 hours one way). First on Friday it was so windy I had to hang on with two hands and still had trouble staying in my lane (others did too but still passed and flew by) and then Monday it was windy along with pouring rain and standing water on the road in the tire lanes and whenever I neared that I zoom across the highway close to oncoming traffic or onto the gravel and I was only doing 80 kms and people were passing and swerving all over the place. CRAZY!!!!! So yes I was tense and also fighting the wheel there and back!

BUTTTTT, I had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend with my Dad (who loved my crazy patch block that I did work on periodically) and also Sunday dinner with my sister Florence and Wayne, nice and quiet. I even had leftovers to take home with me - YUMMIE!

Ohhhhh I could skip to malou today!!!! Last night I started my Father Christmas Hardanger class and OHHHHHHH I just love that stitching and sorry that I don’t keep some project going all the time. Heck I’ve not even ONE of the FIVE class projects completed as yet, but still sign up for another class each year. I really HAVE to clean up my place so I can have some kind of nice cupboard unit in my living room by my chair with various handwork projects on the go etc. ROFLOL!

This NEW baby is a “sort of recycled envelopes” light brown coloured robe with same coloured stitching and a wine cape with hood with glitter gold thread for the stitching and I think he will look awesome beside my cream coloured angel whenever I get to work on that baby!!! Who knows by that time they might come up with a nicer pattern that I’ll want instead. I know I’m not starting the Angel until I’m confident I can put together that project without messing it up. Oh yeah one of these days something will be finished so I can post pictures and the link to where the pattern can be obtained. Sorry!!!

Gosh and I still have the crazy patched block to finish off (which is getting compliments left right and centre and today I was told that I can't give it away - I have to keep it - Yeah RIGHT! it's a swap project, not mine at all). AND I've 4 sets of postcards also to finish off this weekend!!! Never mind Shuana’s comfort quilt yet too.

UGH, UGH, UGH, UGH, UGHHHH!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Well well well. About flippin' time that you udate your blog (grin).

I see you're attacking your UFOs so am I. I'm bored with them, I'm so itching to start on a new project but not before I get these out of the way....