Saturday, September 01, 2007

It's Ending Already?

WOW, my stint of three weeks of cat and house sitting is just about over (Monday) and I've nothing really to show stitching wise really. Sure I finished off those baby bath towels and they sure were a hit with the Dad's who thought their spouces were going to love them too, but I've not really depleted my pile of projects that I brought here to do! Thankfully I did finish off one set of postcards and about halfway finished another set but that's really not much for three weeks!

Now I did battle some wicked headaches so naturally I vegged out those days and then some were spent visiting off and on so guess that would take care of some of the supposed stitching time. Anyways, it'll be nice to be closer to work and just the 10 minute walk instead of the half hour travel, I'll be able to sleep in toooo!

BUT gosh I know I'll miss this freedom to do what I want and not worry about sewing and disturbing anyone at 2:00 am on the weekends and also not being kept awake by inconsiderate neighbours either. Hmmmm maybe I should forget about retiring and work till 65 and buy a small house???? NAH that didn't even have time to sink in - I refuse to work anymore than I have to on a Monday-Friday 8-4 day job - after 34 years I'm tired of it totally and I still have two years and nine months to go. UGH!!!

BUT I have an awesome retirement trip that I'm planning for and that is something to keep me focused! See I'm going to visit crazy patch stitchers/quilters Down Under and might even have another stitcher coming with me! I've a map xeroxed and am highlighting my friends' towns and today I stopped into CAA and picked up some self guided tour booklets (freebie ones) for a start of checking out touristy things. When we're down to planning the flight I'll get one of those Travel Guide books of Australia and New Zealand to take with us.

I don't know which is scarier, retiring and not knowing what's ahead each day, or planning a trip of a lifetime????

No comments: