Sunday, August 19, 2007

House Sitting Saga - Day 6

Well so far the cats, the house and I are still doing good!!! Well maybe Sooty is missing Linda as he's taken over her computer chair and would not move when I came in here - had to roll that one over and roll Patrick's for me to sit on while computing. LOL! I'm not that productive sewing wise though as I'm still dealing with delayed infection from some bug bites from the week before and let me tell you, talk about bad. It's either my age, maybe the meds, or my allergies that is making bug bites a menace for me!!!

I took a picture the other day to show my friends and assure them it was mucho better and they still were concerned. I was using Linda's antibiotic ointment this past 4 days and it is getting better slowly so today I decided to go to Shoppers and get my own Triple Polysporin (actually bought the Life brand - same stuff but cheaper) and checked with the Pharmacist on a prescription I had for cortisone cream. See, when I got back from vacation in June I was covered in mosquitoe bites that scratching in my sleep had made raw and infected and I had bad leg swelling too, so off to the Dr. but they cleared up before I had funds to buy the cream. The Pharmacist basically told me the polysporin would take care of the infection but the cortisone cream would kill the itchiness and also help with healing and scarring so I broke down and bought it too.

So I'm loaded with bait to kill this problem with flexible stretch dressing strips so I can wear my shoes tomorrow to work (been bare foot and slippers all weekend), more Ibuprofen for the headache pain, Benadryl for the allergies acting up too, and the cortisone cream and triple polysporin if needed. YOWL talk about a bill!!! It better do the job and fast!

The good part is I gave in and bought the newest "Quilters Home" magazine by Mark Lipinski and inside there is an awesome article on Round Robins - be a great reference for some group activities. Okay I'm going back to my embroidery of postcards and watching baseball! CU!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

We're now Swpt. 4th and Sooty sat on me whenever he could, in fact he even followed me in the bathroom, I'm surprised he didn't die in there LOL.

Rose Anne B said...

ROFLOL - Ohhhh Linda that one is just a CHARACTER through and through. He was constantly twining around me and also following me into the loo too! I finally gave up and closed the door for some peace! LOL!