Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy Saturday

WOW, I again had a late night and to boot tossed and turned off and on through the night actually waking myself up and then the alarm went off at 5:30 and up and attem for a busy day - UGH!!!!!!!!! !! Yep I was showered and car loaded by 6:00 am and off to Kenora ON to meet up with my sister and a friend for another Nancy Bergman class (Sky and Water this time). Hmmm from the look of the sky coming up behind me I think Winnipeg area might have gotten a good soaking - oh as I approached Kenora (8:30 ish) it started to thunder and lightning too. Good thing I was smart enough to meet them at a restaurant as I needed FOOD by then and yet by 12:30 I was starting to feel lightheaded and kinda wasted from lack of sleep! LOL!

WOW, we were also treated to a small viewing of some of Nancy Bergman's fabric creations before entering our class and then again a private artist's walk by during class! The first is the newest Nancscapes - WOW!



I enjoyed the class but probably could have done without it and saved myself some money but then I hardly ever take classes (seem to be a self taught whatever) so maybe it was time to start eh! I did learn how to play with markers and pencil crayons on the landscape and can't wait to get down to playing with the pieces I did create there (definitely not finished).

This one uses hand painted silk for the water.

Here is my first attempt using my sky fabric.

Here is my second attempt with my rocks.

Here is the out-of-my-BOX attempt!

And can you believe this, I didn't take any pictures of Sylvia's landscapes (guess I really was out of it) and they were something to see too - well I thought so. Gonna have to ensure she takes pics of them and brings her camera in so I can upload them later on.



Anyways by 3:00 pm I was glad the class was over, did a bit of shopping with Sylvia and then picked up a pizza to eat in the car, pepsi, water and sunflower seeds to keep me awake and back to the city I headed. Sylvia picked up on one of Nancy's techniques and she's going to see if she can finish the piece to bring it with her this week when they come into the city and hopefully show me how she did it too. I finally got back home 7:00 ish and showered as the sun baked me to a sopping form! YUCK!

While out there I realized my younger sister had called my cell so I called her back and here Dauphin made the news with baseball sized hail, a storm of 45 minutes wreaking havoc to homes and vehicles - YOWL!!! My poor Dad's Seniors complex had either 11 or 19 windows busted on the north side (Dad is on the south side and said he didn't even see this - HUH???) and my sister's camper trailer that her partner uses for his work out of town during the week has a busted ceiling and totally soaked inside - needless to say they were out buying a new trailer today! SHEESH!!!

Apparently this storm hit the north end of Winnipeg after midnight so maybe that's what was disturbing my sleep even though I didn't really hear anything. I know some of my headaches are triggered by the barometric pressure so that could be it as I had a whopper this morning and thought about not even going! Oh well that's life!!!

Now hope I get some rest tonight so I can be up early and ready for a day of sun painting with some quilters!!! Pat I have the foam dinner plates and I picked up various sponges as I was not sure what kind are needed. I also have your FlexiFirm beside it too so hope I don't forget it!!! And I have some money for the silk yarn and hopefully my share of the paint etc. See you tomorrow girls.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

These are just lovely