Saturday, July 21, 2007

What a LOVELY Day!

Yep, even though they say it was 32 C today I have an AWESOME day and hardly spent any money except for food for the potluck and most came home for MOI too! As usual too much food. LOL!

Anyways, my day started out with dropping off my PC and to get my anti-virus stuff switched from Norton to the Zone Alarm provided by MTS Internet and get my HP camera download back - don't know what I did with that but this past couple of weeks it disappeared! Then I zipped over to SuperStore to pic up BBQ chicken and they had a combination value of Frech Baquette and two 454 g salads for $9.99 (I thought that was a good deal and especially when most came home with me too so I've food without having to cook). As usual I'm getting ahead of myself, guess it's all the excitement I've had today - or the heat - scrambling my thoughts!!!

Then off to stitch with the Aurora gals and it's been a while for me so I was really looking forward to this day. Well I took all my rectangles I cut out last night (4 hr till 1:30 am) and finished off cutting the lengthwise strips so I'd have leftovers for borders eventually. I also cut out all the back and batting squares in preparation for the quilt as you go method. Then we had our lunch and this time all the gals brought "meal type" food and NO DESSERTS!!! Not that we needed the calories but usually we have quite the selection of desserts and sometimes not much for the main course - ROFLOL! As usual some of the gals start to leave after lunch but Mobird and I stayed and chatted and I finished trimming my rectangles ready to start stitching tomorrow. We stayed till 3:00 pm and then left for home.

Once I dropped off my leftovers into the fridge and my pizza box full of my cuddle quilt pieces I then filled up my water bottle and headed out to Dugald MB to the 125th Springfield Agricultural Society Fair where my selvedge vest and my All Creatures Great and Small challenge piece were entered into the quilting class competition.

I can tell you that it was just lovely to see all the competitions in the garden and floral sections - something slowly diminishing from our larger Red River Exhibition. Well then I walked over to the Crafts section and I was thrilled to no end when I came upon my Flying In wall hanging and it had a white "THIRD" place ribbon on it!



Needless to say I was grinning from ear to ear! LOL! There were some AWESOME entries from the "younger" crowd and was thrilled to see many ribbons on them too! I was a might sorry I did not see one of them coming upon their entry and seeing the prize ribbon attached - that would have made my day!!! I still didn't see my vest so I continued on and even took a picture of a Victorian dress someone sewed and enter - WOW!





Then finally just before the baking section was my vest and it had a "FIRST" place ribbon on it! WOW WOW WOW! I just about started crying I was so happy that others liked it too! The prize money was peanuts but can tell you the ribbon means a lot to me! Something I'll get to keep in my album which I better get moving and make soon!!!



And outside were some machinery on display but I didn't go there, a horseshoe pit in action, a miniature golf waiting for someone to play and a baseball game going on. The Winnipeg North Black Sox playing against the Springfield ??? (forgot their name) so I parked myself on the bleachers and watched till it was time to pick up my entries and then head back to the city.

I picked up my PC, reconnected it, then headed for the shower to cool down and freshen up - UGH what a hot day and no AC in the car or my apartment!!! Now I'm gonna relax and hopefully tomorrow start sewing the cuddle quilt and maybe if it's too hot in here pack up my hand applique and head for the LIBRARY and relax for the afternoon in comfort!!!

WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rose Anne! Two ribbons! That's great!

Linda Mullen said...

Congrats Rose Anne

Bear said...

oh thats so totally awesome Rose Anne totally and they are so very beautiful you are such a lovely lady and this is just reward for all the lovely things you do in your life- Congratulations dear friend
well done
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

crazyQstitcher said...

Congratulations Rose Anne, What a thrill to know you got well deserved recognition for your beautiful work. Maureen