Saturday, July 28, 2007

What a DAY!

Okay I just found out on Thursday that our LQS is closing its doors August 27th and already I'd say the store is halfway cleared out! WOW! Everything at the Quilting Bee is 50% off and what was 50% off is now 70% off, but choices are getting harder to find for a project. It's too bad that this is happening but times change and one's life does too. I wish Elena and Gwyneth all the best in their days ahead.

Needless to say my niece Pat and I have been doing some mega shopping to look after my sister's gift certificate as she won't be in Winnipeg until Aug 14th and who knows what will be left by then. Pat picked up some specific fabrics yesterday but was stumped at picking out three major fabrics and backing for a quilt - so today that was my job and I can honestly say it was not hard to spend someone else's money. Now I just hope that my choices are going to please Sylvia too. LOL!

Then I took a 2-hr class called the Needle Index and basically pages of hand stitching needle information with some wool felt and some actual needles inserted for a quick reference for future projects. I'll have to eventually fill in the holes and then hopefully keep it in a safe place for a quick guide to needles, what they are used for and also a listing of thread/floss used with them.

Then I beat it home and back to stitching blocks for Shauna's cuddle quilt. I've now stitched all the blocks up and tomorrow I will decide the size and square them all up ready for the quilt as you go part before assembling the quilt. I'm doing it without the sashing and will just hand stitch the seams closed on the back, row by row! The challenge will be adding the two borders on, but between Sylvia, Ricky and Val I'm hoping I'll pull this off! LOL! HUH, there's no hoping, I just have to!!! Nope no pictures as I know Shauna sometimes reads my BLOG so I do not want to spoil the surprise of the look of it at least! LOL!

No comments: