Friday, July 13, 2007

Neither Here nor There!

Yeah, and my mind is following suit too! See it’s bad enough that I don’t like the heat this past weekend and I think I might have had a touch of sunstroke, but then the mosquitoes got my legs badly and I’m itching to beat the band too. I’ve used a whole container of Benadryl spray since the Alberta retreat and tried to buy some this morning and Shoppers didn’t have any so I picked up an Anti-itch clear lotion instead. Well it’s some four hours later and I’m still SANE!!!

So this weekend I'm staying in Winnipeg but I’m not at home - as I’m holding down the fort for Linda and Patrick while they are in Montreal for Anita’s funeral etc. She was one determined lady who wanted to LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH and I’m truly sorry that her intended visit to Winnipeg this month is not gonna happen. I’ve chatted with Anita a number of times while house sitting for Linda etc while on their holidays and naturally always checking out their family pics. It kinda feels strange to have Jonathan around this time, but oh so lovely, as he’s looking after the cats during the day (they claim I feed them too much - well they are meowing at me and following me so they must want food - right?) and I just have the 6:30 am shift – LOL – I’m usually up because of work so no problem and then I’ll just crawl back into bed for an hour or two on the weekend.

I’ve brought my postcard stuff and also my cuddle quilt material so got some serious stitching to do this weekend. I hope I know what I’m doing in changing a regular piecing pattern into a quilt-as-you-go technique cause it’ll sure save me on the quilting part which I’ve no experience as yet! I’ve dabbled but not brave enough to do such on a “gift”. Oh and my Off the Color Wheel postcards are coming along very nicely and then onto the next batch hopefully this weekend too.

Hmmm I’ve noticed the chairs in the sewing room are COVERED with Patrick’s shirts – NAHHHH he doesn’t want me to touch them – I’ve burnt dear old Dad’s the last time he asked me to iron his shirt for him. Yep, he’s never asked me to again and it honestly was an accident!!! Linda and I have this standing joke, she claims I am bound to show up if she had shirts on the chair waiting to be ironed, but if there aren’t any she knows I won’t be avisiting! So far she’s been right! LOL!

No comments: