Saturday, July 28, 2007

Linda Mullen's Comfort Quilt & Pillow

After supper I picked up Dianne (not that wobbily now - she's getting better) along with the comfort quilt a number of Aurora Online / CanadianQuiltSwappers quilters/friends made for Linda years ago when her sister Anita first became very very ill. Well the reason for such a lengthy delay in delivering this to Linda is that her sister was a very determined lady and fought her illness for 8 (yep eight) long years before succumbing on July 11th. So both of us had a comforting visit with Linda tonight and took some pictures with her treasures.




Thank you all who contributed blocks, fabric/supplies, and their time in preparing this comfort quilt for Linda. AND Dianne for so protectively storing this baby until we needed it. Linda spent most of our visit hugging or fondling them both.



She loved the colours of these blocks.



And for some reason I was not around when this was arranged and did not get a block into the quilt so I made my usual embroidered crazy patch heart and made it into a pillow.

Linda I hope that both these items will bring you comfort in the trying days ahead. Take care.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

How can I not love it? It's made by my quilty friends and colour coordinates with my house AND has a teddy bear on it AND an angel!

Thanks again to everyone who's guilty of making this!

Linda M