Friday, June 01, 2007

BDEing

Oh I'm having a great past two days with Brazilian dimensional embroidery and putting some good advice to practice but not sure if my arm will survive this though!!! See in my recently completed classes we were told that to have proper bullion stitches it was to practice like hundreds in a row to get the technique down pat! WELL here I've decided to outline my paisleys on the projects I'm working on with a bullion scalloped edging! YEP, I must be crazy but I can sure tell when I've finally caught onto this stitch and it really really shows! I debated tearing out the beginning patch and continue on with the more uniform stitches, but decided that the nature is not perfect so who am I to expect my work to be. It is beautiful and I know that is good enough for now and one day I will have the techniques perfected and then maybe I can expect perfection!!!

Sorry for no "work in progress" shots, but I'll post pictures once I've completed the projects.

No comments: