Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm Back - did you miss me?

Nah, I don't think so, you're too busy now that summer's here to read emails and blogs, right! I can tell you that I missed your contact and I've 94 emails in my Inbox and that is not the Group stuff that I've yet to go and read within Group messages!!! Thank goodness we were keeping busy otherwise I'd have bought an 8-hour Internet card and been across the highway at the resort store using their PC to keep in touch. Well I left NW Ontario at 8:30 this morning, stopped in for tea with Adeline in Kenora, arrived in Winnipeg about 2:30 and promptly got ready and left for the bridal shower for my cousin's daughter and then home to my PC!!!

Anyways, I started off my vacation by stopping for lunch with Adeline in Kenora ON and one of her friends joined us and we had a private showing of some of Adeline's work. Here is a pic of her Dresden Plate UFO and another quilt she is working on for someone else of their Hankies.


I've had a very AWESOME six days at my sister's and we sewed 90% of the days and I think at first Len loved the freedom to do what he wanted and when cause I was keeping Sylvia occupied but I think towards the end of the week with the help of the rainy weather - even two days with sporadic snow flurries - he was coming to check things out and asking a few questions. Friday he even came home with some rhubarb and asked for a pie for supper!!! He got two and leftovers in the freezer for another time.



He even razed me that I was keeping her up too late and tiring her out totally. LOL!

Well Sylvia even said this week was like a quilting retreat and I was getting her primed up for the WR coming up. I teased her Nah not at all cause she had to cook and she Hrumphed! at that. I helped with some meal preparations and the dishes and thank goodness they have a dishwasher for the regular stuff, so yes we sewed, sewed, and more sewing whenever we weren't fooling around on her newly acquired rebuilt PC! Gosh Darn, I would never have thought in a million years that that sister would get a computer and actually want to learn how to use it, but after showing her how it prints off quilt labels she laughed and said it was worth the money just for that awesome priviledge. I'm not sure how much "email" she'll actually do but I can see her searching the web for some quilting and maybe travel stuff for their trips down south etc - oh and the weather instead of waiting for the supper news!!!

So what did we accomplish??? Let's see:

Well Sylvia worked on her challenge piece and I can tell you that I was anxious to see WHAT she was doing and yet at the same time very LEARY about what she was doing! LOL! Yep, see she had taken this horizontal panel, slashed through it, patched it and VOILA it is now a smaller vertical panel and lots, lots, lots better too and it was not finished when I left. She also worked on her 12.5" blocks for the WR mystery quilt and her colours are just lovely. Oh she's already got her 3.5" blocks all completed as of last week's printout! - Darn, I tried to leave mine behind for her to finish off for me but no dicerooie!!!

Well I worked on and finished everything but the binding on my challenge piece for the retreat in June and started on the mini 3.5" blocks for the mystery quilt and I can tell you if it wasn't for Sylvia's help I probably would have ditched it as I had a rough time sorting the instructions out (would have helped if I had the "revised" instructions with me and READ properly) and sewing together the "right" pieces - lots of extras I tell you! Guess that's what I get for working on quilting and at the same time thinking about what I should show Sylvia about her computer and digital camera before I left!!! Then with Sylvia's help, I picked out my fabrics for the Block Lotto draw 6.5" blocks - but not sure how many of these I'll get stitched up before mid-June.

We only went into town (Dryden) once and I was very good and didn't buy much BUT Sylvia now has a "digital" camera and I also spent some time acquainting her with the workings of the camera. I hope she can work it - them buttons are so small!!! Now I really think she's flipped out - first a computer when she said no way was she into computers and now a digital camera - what next a computerized sewing machine????? (Gosh darn I'm kidding Sylvia!)

I finished off my vacation with taking pics of just about ALL of Sylvia's quilted projects and one of these days I'll update my Webshots with the rest of her projects to show off.

2 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

YES, we missed you!!!
Glad to hear you had a GREAT time!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos Rose Anne, looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time away and it's nice to see some photos of you. hugs