Sunday, April 29, 2007

A "What Do You Think" Postcard

Hmmmmm I just received an email from my friend (who just celebrated her 75th birthday) and is just starting into "postcards" but has been a quilter for many many many years and does such exquisite pieces. Well she mentioned she was not satisfied with her first attempt and made another which she'd already posted to me and would like my opinion - well I was not sure what I was going to get at all but very curious. Hmmmmm!

It definitely was not this most beautifully electrified, floating, embroidered and beaded hearts! They are just so precious and the stitching is so even and tiny and at first you don't even notice it but then each and every detail starts to draw your attention!!! It is just BEAUTIFUL and I thank you so very very much Adeline for sending this jewel to me! Thank you my dear! I so look foward to swapping with you again soon.


And I have not forgotten to send you one of my postcards to show your lady friends. It will hopefully go out this week. Hey, maybe if you're interested I can send you the link to the postcard group I belong to (that Linda hosts) and there is a maximum of 4 swappers for each topic and usually a month to prepare them. So think about this and who knows you just might enjoy a swap or two in the future.

3 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

This is GORGEOUS!
I LOVE how the hearts are floating across that metallic stringed fabric.
TELL HER ITS FABULOUS!!!
{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Linda Mullen said...

I've seen this card in person and the photo doesn't do it justice, this card s just exquisite. I love it and if we do a swap, I'd want one just like it.

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne, Your friend does not need to worry about her work. It is beautiful and anyone would be thrilled to get it. Truly, it is a work of art.