Sunday, April 29, 2007

What a DAY!!!

Okay I told you earlier that I was apprehensive about my feelings in regards to my last day after about 4 years of working a full time number crunching job plus a pretty hectic part time job evenings and weekends (unless I booked it off). Well that was nothing to what turned up!

See I stopped at Sears and picked up some new pans on sale and then lunch at New York Fries - yep with the works and YUMMY! Then Karen and I had a lovely day chatting and very little traffic through the store and she mentioned we'll have to keep in touch with some quilting projects or discussions over breakie at the Sals on the Provencher Bridge or in the park before she left which was later than usual. And twice throughout the day the Manager pops in (it's her weekend off and I didn't put two and two together - DUH!) and brings me a beautiful blue rose. Kinda how I was feeling and she did say she would gladly tear up my resignation - no please don't do that - I need a break! So they both had left and I did close up and gathered my purchases and the rose along with my tote and tried not to lose the "deposit" and out I left for the last time - definitely down!

Well as I near the bank's deposit I ask Guest Services if I could leave my purchases here as I needed my hands to make the deposit. No problem! So then I turn towards the drop off and there's my Manager grinning at me! Dummy here says hey what are you still doing here, but thanks for helping, much appreciated! She says no problem and turns to go and I return for my purchases and then prepare to leave. I'm still shaking my head and ask again why she's still here and not at home. She's grinning and said "because I'm not going home and neither are you - I hope you have no plans cause you're turning here"! - Brannigan's Restaurant??? Ummm I'm blubbering and trying to catch my breath too - starting to panic and ask if I can drop off my stuff at the car first and nope she lassoes me and in we go and to the back room too - now I'm so close to crying! There seated are my co-workers on their day off too along with a gift bag for me too. What an awesome surprise! Hey some days were GRRRR but I know I'll sure miss the gals very very very much! If you're reading this I thank you very much for the lovely supper, your company and appreciation for the time spent working with you all and also the gifts too!

The flower was from Barb, my Manager and I think she orchestrated this shingdig by the way. And then there is the lovely blue flower vase, a package of Laura Secord chocolates for my sweet tooth and a lovely silver plated and engraved jewellry box which I'm going to store my dressy watch from Mom and Dad, my charm bracelet and the odd pieces of gold jewellry.

They all wished me many free hours to relax and enjoy life and time for my various crafts along with hoping I remember to drop by and visit and who knows maybe send some of my projects their way! LOL! Yep, what a day!

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Rose Anne, that is so sweet, thanks for sharing your story of finishing up your part time job. I am sure you will be missed greatly and were obviously well loved ....... Imagine all the things you can do with those extra hours now!

Anonymous said...

RoseAnne, What a lovely way to end a job. Am sure they will miss you and you will miss them as well. But think of all the time you will have to enjoy the fun things.