Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter Eggs turned Designer Eggs!!!

Gosh this one definitely will have me "rethinking" my "what pops into my head ideas" for my postcards in the future. Originally I wanted to make something that resembled a Ukrainian Easter Egg - well that bombed when I realized I didn't have enough beads in the right colours to do this. So then they turned into RAB's Designer Eggs (and lovely too) - but shoot they took like 3 weeks to prepare and I just finished sandwiching four for mailing tomorrow. I still have the satin stitch to do all around so will try and zip home at noon and run this around so I can mail them too!

Now some were mentioning the cost of postage higher than normal, well I can tell you that one set of mine were just over the maximum weight and then another one was just a smidge too fat and no I was not going to take a hammer to it to make it fit so I paid the additional postage. Well these RAB's Designer Eggs definitely will be overweight and I knew that right from the start but I also HATE changing my mind when ideas are decided upon. Oh well that's life!

Guess tomorrow night, or should I say tonight, I'll start my trapunto postcards and I can tell you those will be a BREEZE compared to this last one for me. LOL! I'll try and get pics of the eggs soon!

No comments: