Saturday, April 14, 2007

BDE - started today!!!

OMGG I had a LOVELY first class in Brazilian Embroidery at my LNS, Mrs. Twitchett's Eye. Basically we started our main stemwork and leaves, then planned out our layout for the flowers along with picking our colours and continued with secondary stemwork and additional leaves. We were sent home with homework to complete the background and in two weeks we'll work on the Old French Rose, Chrysanthemum, Clymatis and Rosebuds and other field flowers!
Now to most of you this is probably old news, BUT for me this is the first time I'm actually learning how to use my Edmar rayon threads and I just love the look of the variegated ones especially. But I don't know about these milliners needles - they feel like fence posts after my using #12 quilters needles for all my hand applique and sometimes a little larger needle for the crazy patch embroidery sessions. I can tell you this needle HURTS when you accidentally drop it and reach to catch it!!!! LOL!

Now I wish I had taken this class earlier, could have had my Chain of Hearts completed by now!!! That'll be my summer project hopefully - at least my crazy patched hearts are stitched, ready and waiting for my embroidery!

2 comments:

Bear said...

oh Rose Anne
You have begun a new love affair- I have played around with BDE and Edmars magical threads for years now- stick with it- and you will find yourself using BDE more and more in whatever type of quilting or hearts you are making
best wishes
Bear xoxox

Sandie said...

Hi Rose Anne, this looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it completed. While the girls were with us at Easter, Julia gave lessons using Edmar threads, and I love the look of them, but always had trouble using them. I'd love to learn more BDE, and hope to in the future. I enjoyed reading and catching up with your blog ... hugs Sandie