Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Strange Day!

You know, I am feeling better finally, last night was iffy after my massage but I iced down my burning aching shoulder and took two Ibuprofen and went to bed and woke in not bad form! So hope it keeps! I'm looking forward to my silk ribbon embroidery class on Saturday, maybe I'll learn some proper techniques and short cuts if any.

After work yesterday I had to go to Carellan Sewing Ctr as MC would not let them put through a manual transaction from the weekend retreat purchase - GRRRRRR and I thought while out that end I'd catch the next bus and go to Polo Park Shopping Centre and Michaels and Sears and then back downtown for my massage appointment for 6:45 pm. Well I was finished in the store like 5 minutes and the buses were 25 minutes apart so I figured forget it and walked across the St. James bridge to PP and then down St. James to Michaels and then back to Sears and then to Portage Ave and caught the bus back downtown but not before the transfer expired SHOOT! and I still had 10 minutes before my appointment when I arrived. BUT I was hoofing it in all that loose snow just in case but not rushing - I was careful and made it all okay. Hmmm I'm guessing but it could be 2 or 3 miles? Guess I got my exercise for this week anyways! LOL!

HEY, you wanna hear something STUPID!!!! They shut the water off to the building at 4:30 pm yesterday and the notice said till midnight for water upgrades. Well we come in and there's no water at all - no coffee in the cafeteria - how are they gonna cook??? Then I come upstairs not thinking - there's no water in the bathrooms either!!!!!!!!!!! Mike came by and said someone told him if they can't get it fixed they are closing the building within the hour (it better be with pay). Well I open my emails and there’s one from the Bldg Mgr but nothing about going home but that we are to use the Archives Bldg next door for washrooms. Yeah right!

Finally about 11:00 we noticed the signs off the doors, I checked and the water was turned on and just in time as I had to go!!!! It would have been a long trek to the Archives Bldg through the tunnel and I was not looking forward to that one! Then as I'm in the middle, a knock on the door and "Plumbers coming in!" - UH no I'm not finished!!! Sheesh!!!! At least it flushed.

Well shortly afterwards we get another email and only the 4th and 10th floor washrooms are operational, guess the problem is not as easily fixed as they originally thought. You guessed it no word about closing the building at all!!!!

No comments: