Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm Pooped!

Well I was up a might late last night playing on the PC and then for some strange reason up early before the alarm this morning and I could have slept in!!!!

I bussed it a might earlier than later but it moved faster than I allowed so I got off before the shop's stop and detoured three long blocks (sidewalk blown in 3/4 way) to Copperfields bookstore and picked up Poinsettia Elegance http://www.mrdquilt.com/pattern_indiv_detail.asp?ID=27 and matching crystal kit by Mount Redoubt Designs (for a pressie some day) and then had to hoof it back at a brisk pace to hopefully still catch a bus the rest of the trip! Well as I rounded the corner there was a bus and I still arrived with 10 minutes to spare before my class.

I'd signed up some time ago to take a Silk Ribbon Embroidery class which was good as I learnt some "corrections" to what I already did, freehand planning (YIKES) and now have a "doodle" cloth to play and experiment on and who knows maybe some day will fill it in enough to do something with it! BUT I spent too much money naturally for more supplies but hopefully will now have a variety to embellish with. I also ensured I was signed up for the two Saturday classes on Brazilian Embroidery in April. I wasn't sure if I could push the envelope and pay for my April PJ Party today so put that on hold until my March classes start.

http://www.nordicneedle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0223&Category_Code=A07-13-00&Product_Count=40
Also I picked up an awesome booklet and can't wait to try some of these babies out lickety split! Nope not silk ribbon or Brazilian embroidery BUT my passion right now "Greetings in Hardanger Embroidery" - 18 Hardanger embroidery designs by the Nordic Needle Staff, compiled by Susan L. Meier and Rosalyn K. Watnemo. WOW I'm so impressed and who knows maybe someone will get some of these beauties as cards some day! You never know!

But I can tell you that fresh air, exercise and a 5-hour class was a might too much for this old gal! LOL! Wonder if I'll stay awake enough to see both hockey games????

No comments: