Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sewing Day!

Well some of you ladies may not have this problem, but I'm still working a day job M-F and then also a part time job 2-3 shifts a week so this is a BIG thing for me! So I took a vacation day today - to sew with friends - called sanity break! LOL!

Well upon my arrival at Faye's home I was invited in for coffee and raisin bread/cheese tea biscuits (the gals were just finishing theirs as they arrived just after 8:00 am and me at 10:30) and then down to the sewing room we went. I promptly started on the charity blocks I promised my sister and did take a few pics but waiting for the cold camera and batteries to warm up some before uploading. Beryl and Maureen were working on some cute bags for lunches or books and Faye was working on preemie quilts - such cute little things! Then we had a very scrumptious lunch of a pasta/chicken bake, raisin/greens salad w poppy seed dressing (Yummie) and freshly baked homemade buns and awesome cranberry pudding (like Christmas pudding) with carmel sauce for dessert!!! Then back down for more sewing and chatting naturally. I even helped her DH find some answers to his crossword online and a couple of searching tricks for him to use. And then Faye brought down afternoon tea with homebaked star shaped bread grilled with cheese, raisin bread, New York slice and my lemon pudding cake - UGH I felt that's all we did was eat! But you know I was looking forward to nourishment, so not sure if it was the scents or a result of the energy used in my steady sewing? LOL!

Then to top it all off I met my retired co-worker for supper at Perkins, had a lovely catch up time over food again and then she very kindly drove me home (downtown and she lives on the outskirts of the city where we were at). So as you can see a lovely day!!!

Gosh I think I've had more food since Saturday than I've had in the last two or three weeks!!!!

Beryl and Maureen (Mobird) stitching away and Faye's baby for me to use on my blocks.

Faye a stitching her "preemie quilts" and a view of part of her sewing corner.

Mobird and an embroidered PC and Faye was walking by so I stopped her! LOL!
Beryl, me, Faye and Mobird - taken by Ron who was relegated to the dining room for lunch!
The "TRIO" with afternoon tea and Ron's artwork in the background! Lovely too! And sorry but I forgot to ask the girls to take pics of me sewing!!! DUH!!!

No comments: