Friday, December 01, 2006

Undivided Attention!

WOW was it ever neato to have a One-on-One with the teacher for undivided attention on my Hardanger ornaments the other night. See those that were there knew those stitches and just went ahead working on their pieces etc. WHILE Rose Anne here, even after reading it through, found it all "Dutch" (which brought on some laughter and comments about maybe another nationality etc), but still I was lost. So up I went and Carolyn demonstrated on my pieces each of the new stitches and gosh darn was that ever easy once shown how - now will I remember. I really think I'm one of those hands on type of people rather than learning on my own. I just about finished all the new stitches in class except for the larger ornament which was slightly behind - but I think now I've caught up and just have to do the new stitches on it. Then I'll be ready again for the last class which is the finishing and adding the crystals to each one too! Ohhhh can't wait to see the results. But then the fun will be over and I'll have to wait till I think February for the next Hardanger class!!!! There is even a one-day class on repairs which I'm definitely taking as I've already snipped the wrong thread and it needed patching. LOL!

Oh well, nothing says I can't make duplicates or try an online freebie - getting ready for gift giving for 2007!!!!

No comments: