Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm Back!

Did ya miss me? Yeah right!

Anyways the weather cooperated and I hitched a ride with my sister and BIL to Dauphin for the weekend. We had a small impromptu supper Kentucky Fried Chicken (his favourite) with Black Forrest Cake with Dad on his 93rd birthday and a few siblings and a couple of grandkids. Dad was surprised that we'd made it home for the weekend and had an enjoyable evening.

Then the next day Sylvia and I tidied up his place, did his shopping and invited nearby siblings and spouces for supper Saturday evening (all came except for Marg who called but could not make it as she was just released from hospital - diabetic stabilizing). So we cooked up Dad's frozen half turkey, a beef roast and some meatballs, along with mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, coleslaw, bean salad and mixed veggies. We had Florence's home made angel food cake and strawberries in sauce topping and peanut butter squares for dessert. Yummie. He was totally surprised that just about all his kids/spouces arrived, even my brother came!

We visited Sunday and left very early Monday morning back to Winnipeg and I was chauffeur for the afternoon for Sylvia and Len before heading to their daughter's for supper and overnight. Then tomorrow they'll leave for NW Ontario and stay home for a while, especially if the snow or freezing rains hit! They too hate travelling in bad weather.

In between the visiting and on some of the 4 hr drive I even worked on my Hardanger class projects and my crocheted tops for the kitchen hand towels.

No comments: