Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stitching up a storm


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
"Scarecrow" was my first torture machine applique project (totally a weird process for me and I probably messed up too) from "Miniature Quilts" (which I dearly miss) and I even submitted a pic to the Editor and was in the Show and Tell section!!! WOW for me. And it was on display at work this last week!

Sorry no pictures of the progress I've made as yet, but nothing really completed as yet either that you haven't seen already!

Well yes it's been heaven having my evenings free and since I went to my sister Sylvia's in Ontario on vacation I've been either stitching or planning/drafting stuff to stitch just about everyday, even on the weekends before or after my part time job shifts. I've made quite the dent in planned Christmas presents that have to be mailed out by mid-end of November. I'm also in another group for a Holiday postcard swap and they are all going overseas and have to be mailed by the 17th, well the tops are finished just waiting for the already planned out PC backs to be penned out. No ink in my printer, so doing it the slow way, but I at least printed one out at work on paper and will use my light table for tracing with the Micro pens.

And if not stitching, then I'm embellishing crazy patched items, either postcards or blocks. Then (guess too much time on my hands) I've also been trying to get organized in regards to swapped items and just lucky I'm a list type person as I had most of my info either on paper or the emails and got my Postcards Swapped list together - I couldn't believe the amount I've done and I've barely participated in the various monthly swaps. I've made up 53 so far (give or take a few I may have missed), sent out 47 and received 48 - not bad, and two no-shows from one swap! These are all kept in the Staples purchased postcard pages so you can read the backs and stored in the large 4" ring binders that work was throwing out cause they were ink stained from other projects (I'll cover them one day).

Also I'm thinking about and checking out what type of unit I need for my FQs so I can get them off my floor in the spare room and then maybe get to some organizing in there! It's a mess and that can't stay like that forever! Sheesh what will happen to it when I perish??? Scary thought if my sister Elsie has a say!!!

So that's what I've been up to just about every day since beginning of the month! Besides computer stuff at home with other groups too! But not much chatting time nor housecleaning!!! He He He!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS scarecrow wallhanging!!!
I didn't realize Minature Quilts was no more.....
GREAT JOB!!!

NormaH said...

Love your scarecrow wall hanging and if this is your 'new' blog identity it's looking good!!!!!