Monday, September 04, 2006

What a Weekend!

Talk about a lovely fall weekend! After a 5 hour snooze Friday morning I woke around noon and then repacked and drove to Dauphin to visit my Dad and sister and also drop off the three coveralls and my car for the mechanic - who had disappeared for the weekend! Oh well he'll pick up the keys from my sister hopefully tomorrow and go over the car's needed repairs sooner than later.

Even Saturday evening I got to do some needle turn hand applique on a Christmas block for a quilty pal - totally enjoyed it! Now I just have to finish it off and get the package mailed off. Once finished I'll get a pic posted.

Well my Dad was in a fantastic mood all weekend and even asked me to take him to an old fashioned threshing demo complete with the clydesdale 4-horse teams and old steam tractor. Too bad I didn't have my camera but they have this every year so maybe I'll take pictures next year. Naturally I cleaned up Dad's apartment with a couple of special requests from him (involving lots of elbow grease that naturally aggravated my aching shoulder but he really does not ask me to do things, so how could I refuse. All three sisters that usually take care of things for him were out of commission this past 6-8 weeks except for brief checks and naturally phone calls so he was needing it. So I "worked" all weekend besides cooking and doing dishes and even miked an apple crisp which he asked me to make another one the next day - see there were bags of home grown apples dropped off in the lobby all weekend. So I even miked up some apples with sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg and he'll have it as fruit whenever. Then on Sunday he wanted to go visit his BIL in hospital plus shopping at the mall so off we went again - WOW that's the most he's let me cart him around in my car in ages. LOL! guess he was getting desparate to get out for a ride!

While I was with Dad my youngest sister drove into Winnipeg to visit their only grandson and in the end bought a brand new car too! So I looked after her two cats while they were gone and today she gave me some tomatoes and apples from their garden to take back with me. They wanted to give me more but as I was returning by bus and walking home some 10 blocks I said no as I had my bag and tote to cart.

So all in all it was a lovely weekend - weather was up in the 27-30C range - UGH! Good thing I slept in the basement were it was cooler as sis's house has not AC, lots of fans! Now it's back to the grind and my part time job by city transit! Hope I can make it on time.

No comments: