Monday, September 11, 2006

It's arrived!!!


WAHOOIE! I can show you my pic of Eagles Heaven wall hanging that I completed with lots of help from my sister Sylvia! The eagles panel and pattern were a gift from my Quilt Day swap partner Tina Lynch, ON and you know that's exactly what I see in the Lake of the Woods area of NW Ontario, near my sisters, so this is so special to me! So once again Thank You Tina for this special gift! Guess I should have gotten a backside pic taken too - maybe another day! Sylvia even walked me through the steps of doing stained glass work as a "quilt as you go" technique and talk about awesome! We even added the borders on that way too! I can't wait to try this on some of my other wall hangings and then I'd only need minimal quilting in the centres. What a time saver too!

Gosh this reminds me so much of the Lake of the Woods and my MS Lady Kenora boat ride up the Winnipeg River from Kenora ON to Minaki Lodge, stopped for lunch and then the ride back again. I actually saw quite a few eagles soaring and some sitting way way way up there in their nests at the tips of tall pines. WOW what a sight and I even tried taking pictures of them and nearly was "Woman Overboard" in my enthusiasm to get closer with my expensive telephoto 35 mm camera!!! What an experience and one I'd love to relive again one day!

2 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

FABULOUS!!!
GREAT JOB you & your sister did!

abeautifulcraft said...

Rose, this is really beautiful!! Well done on completing your gorgeous wall hanging. The eagle is such a magestic bird - wonderful to have this completed!!! Hugs Sandie