Sunday, August 13, 2006

Yep I got into trouble!

Well it's been a lovely weekend with my older sister in, but talk about busy! And my younger sister did not come in as planned so the bibs got done instead of the PCs! We had our own personal quilting retreat! Sylvia even crocheted me a Brown Eyed Susan with leaves from a picture sent to me - WOW! And she picked up a few quilting books which she skimmed through in between my lessons!

When Sylvia and I finally got home from some productive shopping for her yesterday we were pooped and before bed I got into more trouble by showing her this awesome fabric my parcel swap partner sent me and the pattern to go with it, but that I was not sure how to do it. Wrong words to use with Sylvia as she promptly had me deciding, cutting and today sewing and now I have another UFO project but this one is 7/8s completed!!! Yep I had this lovely panel of islands and eagles and a Through My Window pattern from Patch Works Studio and WOW it just looks stunning! I didn't buy any new fabric, just used my stash along with the panel. Not only did I learn to do the stained glass technique but I also did it in a "quilt as you go" method and it was all stitched, borders added on and quilted all in one process. That was new for me too! Now all I have to do is the label, hanger and the binding and it's finished. Wonder how long that will take me to do! Once I get a picture of it I'll post it, sure need to get myself a digital soon!

Here I was supposed to finish off my postcards and instead, for me I learnt a new technique, fusible stained glass effect. So guess I'll have to buckle down and get the PCs out this week and then finish off a few other things before month end. I've also to decide what I'm taking with me for the next two weeks while house/pet sitting for a friend. I've no shortage of UFOs and naturally more PCs to work on to complete my swaps for the year. Hmmm.

Oh, I just about forgots! My shoulder I think is okay just a might sore but I don't think I did any other damage to it. It just lets me know when I'm lifting something or reaching that it's not to it's liking and to stop!!! Okay, guess I better shut down and hit the pillow as I am wiped from all the concentrating on the fine satin stitching with black on black - UGH! But ohhh it's soo lovely!

No comments: